Sorry for being such a bad blogger :( Will try to be better.
A couple of updates -
On Wed. I had my
appt. with my new RE. It went really well :)
I went into office and the nurse immediately says to me I knew I knew you (not the words you want to hear when walking into
RE's office). Anyway, turns out she's my old co-workers wife and we had met a couple of years ago. She stresses to me not to worry she will not mention anything to husband, she respects all patients
confidentiality and that if I need anything or have any questions do not hesitate to call her. She was really nice but it did freak me out.
Anyway the Dr. came out to get me and he was very easy-going and we get into his office and gets my chart and asks me to give him history and I lose it :( I am the biggest crier ever! I went over everything DH has been through and why we're leaving cor.
nell. I apologized for crying but he told me not to worry we'd been through a lot and handed me lots of tissues.
We talked about next steps. I don't need to do any b/w since had
cd3 in March and everything looks good accept my
androgens are slightly elevated and I have a mild case of
PCOS. I O on my own but around
cd 17-20 and that is the reason why I O later. I don't need to take anything, he just wants to monitor my O closely. I need to have
HSG done.
Since my period is MIA – it
isn’t happening before vacation and will have to wait until next cycle
I will be doing natural d-
iui's at first. He will be monitoring me from
cd 8 b/c he wants to see quality of egg and then decide if necessary if I need
meds for future cycles.
I met my nurse, who was the original person I first spoke to when I called back in July and she is so sweet. She gave me next steps and her email and told me not to worry about anything and if I have any questions/concerns to email her even on weekends.
I also met with insurance coordinator who told me my coverage and said everything was all set :) I have unlimited
iui's and don't need
pre-approval so that's cool.
We talked about
ds getting to them and I may need to do d-
iui's in city b/c they aren't there on weekends.
If I had gotten AF on time we have cycled in October but now need to do
HSG so am not sure if I can do
HSG and cycle in same cycle.
Dr. T also gave me his email and said not to hesitate to to email or call with any questions.
When I walked out I saw old co-worker's wife again and stressed to call with anything and that they really want me to be
comfortable with everything and that they strive for a family environment.
Oh of course since my
vag was going to be on display I did some deforestation - it was for nothing - no physical exam.
************************
Then on Thursday (insert ominous music)
DH takes a turn for the worse
He has been having really bad tooth pain/swelling for the last week and a 1/2.
The dentist had mentioned that he needed a tooth pulled and potentially a root canal. Since his pain was unbearable I got him an emergency
appt. last Monday and they removed tooth and gave him anti-biotic and
vicodin.
It was still really bothering him on Wed. and he went to see diff. dentist who said he has bad infection on gums and does not need root canal and gave him a diff. anti-biotic that he has to take every six hours. She also said it was serious and if any of the swelling seemed to be traveling upwards it could get into eye and he needed to go straight to emergency room.
DH called me around 4:30 and said he thinks it is getting worse and should go to emergency room. I don't know if it is getting worse or if he is paranoid b/c of everything he has been through with surgeries and multiple infections.
I just want him to be 100% fine and no more infections. I know he is scared of any potential infection after his
MRSA hell last year.
When he got home from work we called the pharmacy and our pharmacist said that this anti-biotic will take at least 6 in your system before feeling any type relief. D still had lots of swelling and it is a little higher than yesterday :(
We decided to have him get some rest and to continue with take the anti-
biotics every 6 hours and then re-evaluate on Friday morning. If things weren't getting better we were going to call dentist and then decide if he should go see her or the emergency room.
Well, he was a little better and since then has slowly been improving. I really hope this
infection goes away. I can’t imagine being on a boat in the middle of nowhere with a sick DH.
Please pray or send positive vibes that it goes away completely and he
doesn’t need root canal. This man has had such a rough last 2 years - I just want him to be healthy.
********************************
And now that leaves today – we actually got some good news. My insurance is going to give us $1500 for D’s
mTESE last March. It is a drop in the bucket but every little bit helps.
We leave for vacation on Friday and we can’t wait!!!! Our first vacation in 2 years!!! I’m hoping this is the beginning of good things.